A few months ago our ward got together to make a few crafty things. One of the crafts was a Gospel ABC book. It was a great idea, I just didn't like how it was turning out. I brought it home and then started working on it. In the process I discovered some fun things.
- I decided that since they were going in a mini photo album I might as well get them printed on 4x6 photo prints. With Costco you can just upload them from home and go pick them up in an hour.
- Then I discovered that LDS.org has a lot of gospel pictures on their website that you can just download and use. So I didn't have to scan any in. I also added as many personal pictures of Hailee and our family. She loves looking at pictures of our family.
- I had the idea since Hailee already knew all of her letters that learning to write her letters might be kind of fun. I found these little dry erase markers with mini erasers on the top. I used the font Futura because it was really legible and easy to trace for Hailee.
- Then one day when reading some blogs I discovered www.shabbyprincess.com It has free digital papers and scrapbook elements for digital scrapbooking. They also have a lot of fun kits that aren't too expensive. I used the papers as a background. I didn't have too much time, but now I want to go back and redo it with some of the cute elements they have.
- You can also just do plain colored backgrounds. The first one I made I just found some cute striped scrapbook paper for the cover and back and then did solid colors as a background. Just make sure you keep everything in RGB and it should print just fine.